Monday, August 12, 2013

Two Weeks!

Two weeks!

As of today, it is two weeks (!) until I hop on a plane and fly to Coimbatore, India, for a semester abroad.  I actually doubt much hopping will be involved - we are talking about an international flight, after all (and I suspect a domestic one might not be a walk in the park either).  Regardless of how easy it will be to actually board the plane, the time is certainly approaching.  I'm not sure where the summer has gone.  It doesn't quite seem real.

I initially never planned to go to India.  I was going to study abroad in France.  I had it all planned out, too, down to the general education courses I could take at the university there.  And then, somehow, the idea to go to India was dropped - like a tiny green lentil - into the furrows of my brain.  As a whim, I checked our study abroad programs, and when I saw the BestSemester Abroad program in Coimbatore, that little seed exploded into life and completely overwhelmed my plans for junior year.  Within two weeks, I talked to my parents about switching my destination . . . and everything has careened forward from there.

(Well, everything except the insurance and my visa.  But that's a different story.)

In fourteen days, I will leave my comfort zone, my family, my friends, my school, and my side of the world behind.  It's going to be a crazy adventure.  (It's going to be crazy, period!)  I am so incredibly excited for it, and I can barely wait for it to start . . . and fortunately, I'm not going to have to wait for much longer.

1 comment: